How to Clean The Toilet with Baking Soda and Vinegar
It may sound a little nasty! But for the sake of the place, we love the most. The place in which to rest for a minute or two or even an hour for a few!
A clean restroom decides how you maintain your home. The first thing most of us check when we check-in a restaurant or a hotel is how clean their restroom is! It would give a clear picture of how well they maintain the rest of the other places.
Your home is not an exemption. You can decorate your home however you want. Cleaning your home may wait a little while. But, you cannot stay without cleaning your restroom.
A clean bathroom/ restroom would give you germ-free environment. And also makes your home stay pleasant! But, at the same time, you should also be careful not to use too much of chemicals
Simple tools you need for a 30-minute weekend bathroom cleaning task
- A pair of safety gloves (thick ones)
- A shower cap to cover your hair
- Old clothes - you need to wear this before the task
- A pair of bathroom slippers
For the bathroom
- Toilet or floor scrubber - the one which looks like iron box
- Baking soda and vinegar solution for the Water closet.
- Baking soda solution for the floor and walls
- A big dish scrubber, a stick, and an old toothbrush
Baking Soda Solution
- Baking soda 1 cup
- White vinegar 1 1/4 tbsp
- Water ¼ cup
- Liquid soap ¼ cup
- In a bowl add liquid soap and baking soda. Add water and dilute the solution
- Add white vinegar and stir well with a fork.
- Pour the solution in a bottle with a nozzle
Mission Bathroom - A 30-minute cleanup!
The Water Closet
- Put on the items that I have listed above for you
- In a bowl (that you don’t need anymore), Mix 1 cup baking soda with 2 tbsp vinegar.
- Use the dish scrubber to scrub through the outer surface of the water closet. (Yikes!) or If you do not want to use your hand even with a glove on, you can alternatively use a stick and tie a big scrubber one of the sides. Make sure you discard the scrubber and the stick after use.
- Use the old toothbrush for the areas where the stick cannot reach
- When you have scrubbed the entire WC. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash well with water
You can use the same procedure to clean a bath tub and also a wash basin.
The surface cleaning
- Use the baking soda solution and scrub the floor with the toilet floor scrubber
- Work the same way on the walls too
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash well with water and use a wiper to push away any stagnant water.
You can use the baking soda solution to clear the clogged drain and also your kitchen sink.
For daily cleaning
You can use the baking soda solution for cleaning the bathroom surface every day. In that case, I would dilute the solution more.
Alternatively, if you do not mind using chemicals for this process, then you could try this
- Harpic/ Domex blue or black - for WC
- Harpic Red - for the surface
- The diluted harpic red solution for walls. (in a spray bottle add one cap full in half liter water)
I don't like to use too much of harsh chemicals in my home. We do not know the effects of it in a long-run. The best way is to avoid using it. Try using natural essential oils for floor cleaning and also as a room freshener. I even use neem spray or neem cake as mosquito repellant! Though it may not smell great, it is not harmful to you in any way.